Friday, January 20, 2006

no biting allowed


As Master Ace dropped in Marley Marl’s hip-hop masterpiece, the symphony, “There's a sign at the door: no biting allowed.” This unwritten but many times spoken rule of the hip-hop culture has been bent broken and reinterpreted many times and will continue to be debated in the future. The newest case of “you bit my style” involves Luther Campbell and 50 cent. Luke alleges that 50 stole lyrics from In the Club from him. Frankly, I agree with Uncle Luke. Not only did 50 bite, but the end result was worse than the original by far? If you don’t believe me, go “in the club” and play both songs and see for yourself…

you can check the original news source or you can listen to this classically clichéd theme by Jay- Z. Yeah I know it's old. It still makes me giggle.

I don't want to be unfair, so i also present a rebuttal from the good folks at We Eat So Many Shrimp.What an adequate name for biting advocates (jokes!!!)

/body>